Do you love the way our housekeeping teams folded the towel animals in your rooms and wondered how to make one yourself?
Here we share an easy step-by-step guide on how to create towel animals. This is a fun and creative activity you can share with your kids while at home. Pull your own bath towel and create any of these animals!
- One full-sized towel
- One hand towel
- Place full-sized towel flat on a surface.
- With your index finger, identify the middle of the towel, and position it on top of the seam. Roll from the left side until it meets the centre. Do the same on the right. Ensure that rolls are tight and even.
- Fold it into a Z (make sure to squeeze the corners to create curves and make it stand). You now have the swan’s body. Set this aside to create the tail.
- Pull your hand towel. Create one-inch concertina folds – a continuous parallel folding of the towel – until you reach the end. It should now look like a handheld fan.
- Insert the fan-shaped towel at the back of the swan’s body. (Repeat Step 1 to create a second swan. Place swans across each other to form a heart).
Can your swan towels compete with the swans created by our teams at Club Wyndham Coffs Harbour and Ramada Resort by Wyndham Rotorua Marama?
- One bath towel
- One hand towel
- Cut-out paper eyes or buttons
- To create the dog’s body, place full-sized towel flat on a surface. Roll the left side until it reaches the middle. Do the same for the right side.
- Fold it back so all rounded ends are together and facing out. Stretch out seams from inside of each roll.
- Expose the seams of each roll and hold a pair on each hand. Gently pull them apart. You now have the dog’s body.
- To create the face, pull your hand towel and fold it in half with the seam on top.
- Place your finger in the middle and lightly lift the first layer of the towel upwards. It should now look like a triangle. Do the same on the left.
- Flip the bottom edge underneath and roll each side to meet in the centre. Make sure rolls are tight.
- You now have a dog’s head. Adjust its ears to your liking. Place the head on top of its legs, add cut-out paper eyes or buttons and other accessories.
Do you have the cutest dog or did the team at Club Wyndham Seven Mile Beach produce a better one?
Watch how the team at Club Wyndham Fiji created Appa, their Fijian frog!
BONUS! Quirky Balinese character
The team at Club Wyndham Dreamland Bali prepared an easy-to-follow instructional video on how to create a quirky Balinese character. You may have seen one of these in one of your club rooms during your visit.
Check it out!